Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Block Bowling

I actually got this idea today from Austin of all people. While we were cleaning up the playroom, he kept asking Lucas if he wanted to "play bowling ball".  I got to thinking about how easy it would be to set up our own little bowling alley upstairs. Austin loved to play "bowling ball". This is a super activity to work on their large motor skills and practicing taking turns and sharing.

All you need is:
Duct tape
a medium sized ball
9 smallish card board blocks

Variation: On a smaller scale, you could use a small ball and some wood blocks. Younger kiddos might like that.

Take some duct tape and make a longish alley and place an "x" on one end and line the pins up on the other end in a triangle.  The kiddos stand on the "x" and try to roll the ball to the end and knock down the pins. I didn't make my alley too long considering Lucas was playing too.





 Trying different sized balls was also really fun for the kids. We have a ton of them so it kept them busy for a while.
 Lucas got to the point where instead of playing ball, he was setting the pins up for brother. What I definitely liked about this was that they had to take turns. Lucas started setting up the pins, but then he started adding more and more pins so Austin could knock them down. It was cute to see what little patterns he was coming up with and seeing if Austin could knock them over in one roll.

This was such an easy time filler and it gave the boys some exercise which seems to be really hard on cold wet rainy days.

No comments: