Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Peanut butter dip (um...yum!!)

It's not a secret... I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER. If you add chocolate, the better...In this recipe, I did not add chocolate...but I will in the future.  We were eating apples and peanut butter and I started to wonder if I could make this even better (hard, I know).  So I made this little dip.

Put some peanut butter in a pot (I used creamy b/c that's all I had...crunchy would pretty much make this 100% better).

I cooked it over medium heat, whisking constantly, until it started to melt and then added some evaporated milk just to make a creamier consistency and then added vanilla for flavor a the very end. (like you need more, just sayin')
Put it in a bowl...and literally run to your pantry scouring things to dip in it!!

We used apples (they went quick so there are no pics of it), bananas and marshmallows. Yes, I said marshmallows. Thankfully, before the sugar induced coma set in, we ran out of the dip...but oh the possibilities. I am going to beg my hubby to make his famous biscuits tonight so I can have MORE of this fattening dip. It's pretty much the best thing I have eaten lately. 

No comments: