Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Santa Fe Pizza

This recipe got a "this is the best pizza!" comment from my husband last night. It's a different spin on your regular pepperoni and cheese but it's good.  Instead of pizza sauce, the recipe calls for salsa.  I haven't bought store bought pizza crust in years... I normally just make my own Pizza Crust but I think the store bought crust worked well with this particular pizza. It's a hardy dish so I think the store bought stands up to the toppings better than my home made pizza crust.  There are enough ingredients to make two pizzas in this recipe... I just reduced mine because I certainly didn't need two.  The recipe below is NOT cut in half. It's the full recipe.

Santa Fe Pizza (yields two pizzas)

2 rolls/tubes pizza dough
12-16 ounces of ground sausage, cooked
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
2 cups salsa
1 t chili powder
15 can of black beans, rinsed
2+ cups of shredded cheddar cheese
8 ounce sour cream
sour cream and additional toppings (optional)

Spread pizza crusts on 2 sprayed pizza pans (or cookie sheets). Bake as package directs. Meanwhile, cook and drain sausage. Rinse with hot water to make sure there is not fat left on it. Add back to the pan and add in the red bell pepper. Cook for 3 minutes. Combine salsa and chili powder, stir well. Divide in 1/2 and spread on both baked crusts; salsa, sausage and peppers, beans then cheese. Bake at 450 degrees until cheese melts.  Serve with sour cream or any other toppings. I think Shredded lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream are winners.

I served my pizza with Easy Glazed Honey Dew Melon.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Book Worm said...

Yum! That looks so good! I'm going to have to try it.

Crystin said...

It is good. I wish I would have taken a picture. It was really pretty lol