Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Shrimp Linguine

I don't know what it is about cooking seafood...but I just feel fancy while doing it. I am not sure if it's just because we don't eat enough of it and I'm not used to cooking it or because I love it shrimp so much that I feel that it's a treat. To be honest, I am pretty sure I don't need an excuse to cook this recipe... considering you can buy frozen shrimp at walmart for about $5 a pound in the frozen section. I never knew that until I found it. I just stick the whole bag in my fridge when I come home from the store and cook it the next day...normally defrosts over night.

Shrimp Linguine

12 ounce uncooked linguine noodles
1 lb (raw) shrimp, peeled, deveined, thawed
4 T butter
8 ounce package sliced mushrooms
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 t minced garlic
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 t dried thyme
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (don't skimp on this detail)
parm cheese (optional...well, to me, it's no option... YES please!)

Cook pasta al dente by package directions. Add shrimp for the last 3 minutes of cooking time then drain. While pasta cooks, melt butter on medium high heat in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and red pepper; saute 4 minutes then add garlic.  Stir in cream; heat just to boiling.  Reduce heat; add thyme and parsley. Stir and pour over pasta/shrimp. Sprinkly with parm cheese if desired...serve hot.

I combined this dinner with some garlic bread sticks and a nice green salad. I was a super mom this night :)

Sidenote: the leftovers were DEVOURED by me, my mom and grandma the next day when they came to visit....you get a lot of food with this one too. They raved about the results too.

No comments: