Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Bath tub Ice Crayons



 While the boys played with their Itty Bitty Construction sites I whipped these bad boys up for bath time tonight.  All you need is:

Water
food coloring
ice cube trays


 So, for my crayons, about 3/4 cup of water is going to make 7 crayons. I added 3-4 drops of color to the water and stirred then poured it in the trays.
 Then freeze...Easy as that. When they are frozen solid, pop them out, add them to the bath and see how fast they melt... or give them to the kiddos and let them "draw" on the tub until they melt.
Since this is a bath time activity, I am not going to take pictures of the crayons "in action"...but this should be a good activity tonight. Not to mention, they are non-toxic considering it's just food color and water.

No comments: