Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Mini Marshmallow Poppers

These are so fun! They are so fun in fact, the boys haven't eaten the mini marshmallow I have given them..surprising.  I have seen this idea on so many sites, I can't remember which ones.

You will need the following:

8 oz plastic cup
large-ish balloons
mini marshmallows or pom poms
(we may need to switch to pom poms considering we have lost a few marshmallows and I am concerned LOL)
First, cut the bottom off of the cup about 1/4 of the way off.


 Cut the balloon bottom in the same way.
 This next step was trial and error. I first tried to put the balloon over the bottom of the cup without tying it first. My fingers are still hurting... The second popper I made, I tied the balloon first :)
 Stick the pom pom or marshmallow in it... Hold the bottom sides of the cup and pull the knot. The pom pom or marshmallow shoot out. Pretty darn cool if you ask me!! The pom poms actually work better. They are easier to find when popped and they won't attract ants if they are not found!! lol


No comments: