Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Itty Bitty construction site

Yesterday was such a huge hit with cloud dough I thought it would be fun to get some small toys to play in it with. First off, the Dollar Tree is awesome. They have tons of cheap things to use with crafts. I went this morning and got some stuff for future crafts, but I also got four small construction vehicles for an idea I had to make a small construction site for the boys. "This was such a good idea!" (per Austin lol)  Two things I learned from playing with cloud dough yesterday was 1) bigger sheet and 2) they each need their own box of dough. Today, instead of halving the dough recipe like I did yesterday, I made the entire recipe and I am super glad I did. Each boy had enough dough to create their own little imagination playground.





I put the leftover cloud dough (and the vehicles, much to austin's dismay) in a tupperware bowl and I labeled it. I am not sure how cloud dough "saves"... I guess we will find out soon enough. Next time, I want to add some rocks and sticks. Things they can "build" with.

No comments: