Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Rice Krispy Treat Kitties

I saw this adorable recipe on ricekrispies.com and just had to make them for Halloween. This was my first time ever making rice krispy treats. I had no idea what sort of "process" making them was going to be! LOL my arms are sore this morning, but they turned out tasty and look "cute".  So here's the recipe...but decorating them is all up to you.

Chocolate Rice Krispy treats

3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 package (10 oz, about 40) regular marshmallows
1/2 cup peanut butter (the recipe did not call for peanut butter, but I don't think you can have chocolate without peanut butter, so this part is optional)
6 cups chocolate rice krispies cereal
canned frosting (or make it yourself, my mom made mine)

In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat, stir in peanut butter until melted.
Add cereal. Stir until well coated.
Cool slightly. Using a 1/2 cup measuring cup, coated with cooking spray, divide warm cereal into portions and place on wax paper to cool slightly.


Using buttered hands, press each portion into a firmly packed ball. Let cool completely.
Decorate as desired.


So....they definitely didn't turn out like the picture, but they were still cute. They look more like Mice than Kitties, but they were fun to make all in all!

No comments: