Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Friday, September 4, 2009

A creative play a day keeps the Boredom Monster away...











It is absolutely amazing that one cardboard box and one sheet can keep the attention of a child long enough for me to drink 2 hour old coffee. We are running out of fun things to do so I am constantly trying to get creative with the games and activities. At this juncture in the morning (8:00 a.m.), we had already colored daddy a picture of Mickey Mouse, played in soapy water in the sink ("I can feed myself yogurt MOM!"), drove through the house in an emergency vehicle saving innocent stuffed animals from wicked other stuffed animals, read several books and quite a few other things...wow, when I put them all down, we had a busy morning. Since we are trying to move sometime in the near future or so, we have big boxes lying around... Out came the box. Austin gave me the "what do you expect me to do with THAT?" look, so being 5 months pregnant and as big as a small house, I "crawled" myself into the not-as-big-as-it-looked box. A fort, of course. I watched him crawl in and out in and out... try to shove his lion in there (he can't lift lion, so mommy had to shove lion in there) and then try to shove himself in the makeshift fort with said lion. This went on for about half a cup of cold Joe.


Loss of interest ensued so I had to think of something else to entertain him. A racecar... of course. We scooted around the house making beeping noises, hoots, hollers, crash sounds (mommy's center of gravity is off!)... he had a blast... then it was time for a taxi service game. He (or me) shoved Lion in the box and Austin took the lead driving Lion around the house and making the same (a little bit better) noises mommy had just made. It was really really cute. Sidenote: He also does this with my on wheels laundry basket that my husband bought me because I am so preggo! haha And just for the record... he did have fun...even if the look on his face doesn't appear to be having fun in the last photo. Austin has started giving "mean looks"... he does them spordically throughout the day for no reason.


The sheet was next. I raided the linen closet, got out a fitted sheet, stuck him in it and pulled him through the house... Giggles and hoots were all the rage this a.m.


My coffee sits, half drank (or is it drunk?) on the coffee table, cold and unwanted at this point in the morning, but all in all, we had fun this a.m. and as I sit here typing this blog, my child who has about as much energy as a large espesso from starbucks is snoozing away...visions of cardboard fun dancing in his head.

No comments: