Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Home Made Pizza Crust (NOM NOM NOM)

This is BY FAR my favorite pizza crust. I used to buy the pizza crusts in the tubes at the store, until I found this recipe. It's ridiculously easy and you probably have all or most of the ingredients in your pantry. I LOVE recipes that are quick, easy and fun to make. This is my go to recipe when I look into the pantry/refrigerator and cringe at what I DON'T have to cook for dinner! I got this crust recipe from "The $7 a Meal Cookbook" by Linda Larsen. I have several recipes out of this book and I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to cook healthy, cheap, "whole" family pleasing meals.


PIZZA CRUST

1 tablespoon cornmeal
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup solid shortening
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup water

1. Preheat the oven to 425degrees. Grease a 12 inch pizza pan (or a cookie sheet that is greased is fine...as I do not have a pizza pan) with solid shortening and sprinkle with cornmeal. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt and mix well. Cut in shortening until particles are fine.  Add water and milk and stir until a dough forms. Press into pan and bake for 10 minutes.
2. Remove crust from the oven and top as desired. Bake at 425 degrees for 15-25 minutes or until crust is crisp and cheese is melted and beginning to brown. Let cool for 5 minutes and slice to serve.

I normally love to cook onions and garlic in butter until soft. I then add pizza sauce to the crust, the onion/garlic mixture, pepperoni and cheese. It sounds super simple but the pizza is awesome! Everyone in my family loves it =)

2 comments:

Book Worm said...

This sounds really good! I'll have to try it. And look up the cookbook too. :)

Crystin said...

Yeah, you do have to make it. It's very versatile.