Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Monday, October 24, 2011

When life gives you lemons...make Strawberry Lemonade Bars!

I took these awesome awesome bars to my sister in law's deck party this summer. These are amazing. They are time consuming to make so I definitely will make them for special occasions, but this recipe is a definite keeper! Trying to get one full cup of fresh lemon juice is not for the weak. lol  I got this recipe from The Baker Chick and I am so glad I did!

Strawberry Lemonade Bars

Crust

1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

1/4 tsp salt
Filling

1 cup fresh lemon juice

2-3 tsp lemon zest
1/2 cup pureed strawberries (about 3/4 cup berries)

1 1/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350F.
 Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
Begin by making the crust.

In a large bowl, cream together sugar and butter, until smooth and fluffy. Working at a low speed, gradually beat in flour and salt until mixture is crumbly. Pour into prepared pan and press into an even layer. Bake for about 17 minutes, until set at the edges.


While the crust bakes, prepare the filling. 
In the bowl of a food processor, combine lemon juice, lemon zest, strawberry puree, sugar and eggs and process until smooth. 
Add in flour, baking powder and salt, then pulse until smooth.

Gently pour the filling over the hot crust when it has finished baking. 
Return pan to oven and bake for 23-26 minutes, until the filling is set .
Cool completely before slicing and use a damp knife to ensure clean slices.
Store bars in the refrigerator, especially on a hot day.
 
Makes 24 bars.

No comments: