Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Monday, October 24, 2011

I'll take my dinner...in a cup...

No, not the kind of "cup dinner" like off Wall-E...I'm referring to baking a filling (savory is my favorite) in a biscuit cup. That's right. I LOVE them. I have been super obsessed with making every main dish into a "cup dinner".  These are a few of my favorite "cup dinners"--the possibilities are endless...


Taco Cups

1 lb of meat (turkey or hamburger)
taco seasoning pack
toppings of your choice (sour cream, tomatoes, salsa, lettuce etc)
1 can of jumbo biscuits in the tube

Preheat your oven per the instructions on the biscuit tube. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside. Prepare the taco meat according to the instructions on the taco packet. Set aside to cool. Take each biscuit from the tube and press them one by one into the muffin tin making a well in the center. Spoon the taco mixture into the biscuit well and bake according to the directions on the biscuit tube until browned. Top with whatever you want.


Sloppy Joe cups (these are my favorites)


1 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 lbs meat
1 cup bbq sauce
1/2 cup yellow mustard
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 can of jumbo biscuits in the tube

Preheat your oven per the instructions on the biscuit tube. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside. Cook the onion in 1 tbsp oil in a nonstick skillet. Brown meat and drain. Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.  Take each biscuit from the tube and press them one by one into the muffin tin making a well in the center. Spoon the sloppy joe mixture into the cups and bake as directed on the package. I like to add colby cheese at the end of the baking and let it melt/brown on top for a nice addition.

I have a few more ideas on more types of cups. I am not sure of how they taste yet but once I try them I will write them down here.
Do you have any ideas on tasty cup dinners?

2 comments:

Book Worm said...

For the taco cups instead of biscuits use soft taco size tortilla shells!

Cut each shell into a 4 inch square. Microwave the squares for about 20 seconds (until soft). Stuff each square into a greased muffin tin, then fill with taco meat.

Bake at 350 for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Top with taco fillings. My kids love these! I got the recipe from Taste of Home. The original recipe is called "Starry Night Taco Cups"

Crystin said...

I absolutely LOVE that idea! Thanks I am definitely going to try that soon! ;)