Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

This bread's BANANAS

Okay, okay...stupid title I know. That being said and out of the way, this banana bread is fabulous. It's not a secret, I don't bake. I haven't mastered that craft. This bread was super easy, very quick and turned out wonderful. It also helped me use up some bananas and buttermilk that were close to expiring. I got the recipe on the Betty Crocker website and I am definitely sure I will use it again.

BANANA BREAD

1 1/4 cups sugar

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened

2 eggs

1 1/2 cups mashed very ripe bananas (3 to 4 medium)

1/2cup buttermilk

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 cup chopped nuts, if desired

Move oven rack to low position so that tops of pans will be in center of oven. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans, 8 1/2x4 1/2x2 1/2 inches, or 1 loaf pan, 9x5x3 inches.
Mix sugar and butter in large bowl. Stir in eggs until well blended. Add bananas, buttermilk and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt just until moistened. Stir in nuts. Pour into pans.
8-inch loaves about 1 hour, 9-inch loaf about 1 1/4 hours, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans and place top side up on wire rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.

2 comments:

Book Worm said...

First of all this does not have a stupid title. Now with that out of the way, thanks for posting this recipe I'll be making it soon!

Crystin said...

Haha! I hope you like it. It's awesome. I know I keep saying that, but I don't bake so when it turned out good, I was shocked LOL I have tried to make banana bread so many times and I always fail at it :)