Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

We don't have a dog....where did THAT come from?

I am not a "furr mamma" and I don't have "furr babies".... so imagine my surprise when around the corner I walked and stooped down to pick up what I thought was a small dark bouncy ball next to the couch. Upon further inspection I realized that a) this was no bouncy ball b) it smelled c)I was holding it in my bare hand. Now, I have two small boys so I have pretty much seen it all with them...I have not however ever picked up a "excrement ball" with my bare hands. It wasn't one of those dainty little light pickups either... it was a full fledge all hands on" sort of grasps...considering that before I knew it was a "meadow muffin" I was already planning my next move which was to throw the ball into the toy bin. The next part was a blur. I'm not sure if I started gagging before or after I dropped it in surprise and instinctively picked it back up again (WITH MY BARE HAND) but I know for a fact that it took everything in me not to vomit in my living room.

The next order of business after a little Dial Antibacterial action was to figure out just who this "cow pie" belonged too. There was no naked baby running around...Lucas does tend to take off his diapers through his pants so I took a few seconds to double check him. He cleared the inspection. Next was Austin. I hate assuming anything with my kids (they prove you wrong TOO many times) so I checked him anyway...nothing.

At this exact moment I do remember sort of panicking that there was another (maybe bigger) hidden package somewhere in this house. So I began my search. I made the boys help me. I tried to not laugh as they yelled "POOOOP! Where are you POOOOOOP?" but I failed miserably. It was the funniest thing. As gross as the thought of actually finding something so their little scavenger hunt would reap some sort of "reward", I was actually enjoying watching them search for it!

Thank goodness we didn't find anything though, but I have made a new game. "poop find"
I was kidding about that last part.  *gross*

1 comment:

Book Worm said...

That is WAY funny! I would have thrown up all over the place. That's disgusting. Your kids sure know how to keep you on your toes!