Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

When the weather gets cold, we get hot around here!

One word...Chili. I love it.  I have the easiest recipe ever, but it sure is a hit around here. With a few ingredients that are probably in your pantry and a little bit of spare time, make this chili. It's pretty darn awesome if I do say so myself.

CHILI
1lb ground turkey or hamburger
1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes (at walmart, they have the "chili ready diced tomatoes, which I just found and love)
1 package of McCormick Chili Seasoning
1 can of pinto beans
1 can of kidney beans
1 medium onion, diced
fresh garlic (I never measure my garlic b/c I love it so much, just add what you think is good)
salt and pepper

Brown the onion, garlic, turkey, s/p in a skillet, drain. In a crockpot, add the meat, and the rest of the ingredients. Cook on low until you are ready to eat it. Although, since everything is cooked, you really don't have to even put it in the crockpot... You can just cook it on the stove. If you do cook it on the stove, once you add the remaining ingredients, let it simmer for about 10 minutes before serving it.

I love to top mine with a TON of cheese and sour cream and eat it with saltines or cornbread. This recipe is also fabulous over hot dogs, rice, french fries...whatever you love chili on :)

2 comments:

Book Worm said...

So easy! And it sounds delicious. I love throwing chili in the crockpot to simmer for a few hours. It's so nice to be able to come home to a nice hot bowl of chili. ;)The only problem I've found is if I leave it in the crockpot unsupervised half the pot is missing by dinnertime because of all the "sneaking" that goes on! Lol!

Crystin said...

That is so true! LOL but I am normally the one sneaking it.