Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Being naked and eating cookies

Although the title sounds dirtily fun, it is not entirely what this post is about. Let me explain. For about a month now, my neighbor Melanie and I have been in a cooking showdown. Iron Chef next door going on in Moody, AL. I am not entirely sure how it started, but it's been a nerve wracking and weight gaining experience for me...Not sure about her. She is the grandmotherly type and is so sweet. It's probably more of me being a psycho "out doer" in my own right. She will bring me something tasty that she "just whipped up" and in the back of my head, I immediately think "Oh no, what do I make NOW?" Yes, it's like that. Recently, Jerry made some of his granny's biscuits and I was "gracious" enough to take them to her hot and wonderful, knowing full well that as soon as that door closed... she was thinking "what can I make to completely smash her into the ground?" LOL Well, she brought it... She brought the big guns out and made...wait for it... PUMPKIN PRALINE CHEESECAKE!!! Yes, she did. I conceded and made her soap. (after asking for the recipe) She leaves a sweet little bag on the front door with the recipe, coupons she's been saving for me...and home made apple butter for the biscuits... another jab. She's GOOD...She really is. I love getting her "prizes" as my boys call them. This morning she knocks on the door with two types of home made cookies. I handed her the soap (lack luster, I know...compared to cookies) and walked into the kitchen just as excited as my boys to dig into the cookies. They were pretty wonderful...ful of grandma-ish love and still warm from the oven. I put them on the counter after we all had two each...  Now to the second part of this post...

Austin. He knew where I had placed the cookies. We had a battle of the wills this afternoon. It was a pretty harsh battle...tantruming and whining..he did a bit of that too. He didn't want to keep his clothes on. He's a boy and loves to be naked. Stark naked... I don't want his naked butt sitting all over the couch and wiggling. No visual needed. He got mad because although I let him take his shirt and pants off, I was not budging on the undies situation, considering we have a random pee smell looming in the living room since this weekend. I am not pointing fingers...it's either him, or his "lovely" brother who loves to take his diaper off and run naked through the house. That being said... I said no...and I meant NO. So after like 56 minutes and him screaming and me threatening to duct tape his undies on...he left it alone...or so I thought. I'm not sure if it was him trying to get back at me or him being a punk...I'm pretty sure that latter is the case...I am cleaning the kitchen and suddenly he's quiet... I know that's a bad sound...so I call out for him. He didn't answer so I go to look for him. I find him...

...hunched in a corner...naked (yes, naked) with the plate of cookies...eating them...did I mention he's naked. It was probably the funniest thing ever. I was laughing too hard to get on to him... Needless to say, the cookies have been moved to a nondescript place and his underwear have been put back on. Boys are such a ... ahem...joy.

No comments: