Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

No mess "paint" for outside



This is probably the easiest, cheapest and cleanest things I like to do with the boys. You have to do it when the sun is out and preferably when it's warm-ish as they will get wet.
You will need:

water
bowl
paint brush, sponges, washrag (anything that will soak up water)

Yes, that's it... No special materials, just plain old water and imagination. My boys love to "paint" the house, the patio, the deck, eachother... if the sun is out, the "paint" will go away in a matter of minutes. The boys like to watch how it appears and disappears. Definitely an easy thing to do and will occupy their little minds for a while.









2 comments:

Erica Monypenny said...

My girls do the same thing. We also take a chalkboard, cover it with sidewalk chalk and let them paint it with water. Little more messy, but fine on the kitchen floor for a rainy day inside.

Crystin said...

Oh wow, I have never thought of that before! Thanks for the idea :) and thanks for the comment!