Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Bean Salad

I made this and chilled it in the refrigerator to serve with Pork Chops in caper sauce for dinner tonight. I just tasted the bean salad and I am super excited to share this recipe. It's pretty awesome. The beans are creamy and have a bite...the "dressing" on top is very tastey and of course, I love red onions... so it's extra good! This side would pair with anything I am sure.

Bean Salad

4 T chopped red onion
3 t red wine vinegar
2 T olive oil
2 14.5 cans of Cannellini beans, drained

In a medium bowl mix all ingredients together...chill in refrigerator if desired. I tested when I first made it and it was awesome, but I think chilling it melds the flavors together nicely.

I will post the Pork Chops in Caper sauce recipe later.

Enjoy!!

No comments: