Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Company Tilapia

Did you feel fancy reading that title? When I think of this dish, I feel fancy. It makes me want to host something...anything... and bring this dish. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this tilapia. To be honest, I had never made fish before this recipe. Sure, I had made shrimp before, but it's pretty hard to mess up shrimp.  This was my first attempt and I was so pleased with the outcome.  This is definitely "company" tilapia because whether you are serving friends or just your small family, you will feel like super mom serving this fish.

Company Tilapia

1+lbs, 4-6 tilapia fillets, thawed
2 T fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup grated parmesean cheese (spring for the actual shredded parm... the can stuff is not the same)
4 T butter softened
3 T mayo
1/4 t salt
1/4 t seasoned salt
1/4 dried basil
1/4 t pepper
3 T finely chopped green onions

Lay fillets in a single layer in a buttered casserole dish. Brush tops with lemon juice.  Bake fish in a 350 degree oven 10-20 minutes or until fish just starts to flake. Combine cheese, butter, mayo salt, seasoned salt, basil, pepper and onions. Mix well with fork. Spread cheese mixture over fish; bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes.

**The fish was a tad on the salty side. I personally like salt... but if you don't as much, you might want to reduce the salt on this recipe... Maybe put a shaker on the side. I wouldn't reduce the seasoned salt, just the regular salt.**

I served this dish with some long grain wild rice and summer squash.

No comments: