Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Mexican Shredded Pork

Mexican night made easy! This is a CROCK POT recipe... who doesn't love crock pot recipes really? How can you hate something you start first thing in the a.m., go about your crazy hectic day and when you get home, you get to throw dinner on the table like you are a rock star?  Pretty sure the answer is you can't hate that.  So try this recipe out.

Mexican Shredded Pork

2 lb pork loin
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1 cup water

Place pork loin, taco seasoning and water in a crock pot. Cook on low 8-10 hours. Remove roast, shred. Return meat to crock pot to soak up the juices and heat through.

I served this pork shredded with some Spanish Rice and some Fiesta Grillin' beans from Bushs. I love those beans by the way. I had never bought them before, but they were good!  I cut up some veggies like tomatoes, onions, lettuce and we made burritos/soft tacos.

No comments: