Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Easy Baked Spaghetti

Mmmm... Nothing beats spaghetti. It makes you feel satisfied and happy when you are done. Not to mention, you normally make wayyyy too much, so it's always reliable for leftover lunches the next day.  This is a twist on average spaghetti, which I adore, but I admit, I was bored with it.  It never occured to me to use any other meat besides ground turkey or ground beef in a spaghetti. I don't know why... I just made it the way my mom made it.  This recipe makes a TON of food. I made this for me and the kiddos while my husband was out of town. There was so much leftover, I gave the leftovers to my neighbor. Within a few minutes, I got a text for the recipe. It's that good :)

Easy Baked Spaghetti

16 ounce package spaghetti (I actually used Penne when I made it...that's all I had on hand)
18 ounce package hot or mild Italian sausage, casings removed (I bought mine with casings on them and just sliced them down the middle and squeezed out the insides. Kind of gross, but it was worth it)
1 cup chopped red onion
1 T minced garlic
26 ounce jar of spaghetti sauce, whatever kind your family likes
16 ounce jar of alfredo sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (next time I make it, I would use more...for the top...we love cheese and I felt skimpy)

Cook pasta according to the package instructions; drain and keep warm.  In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion, and garlic at medium high heat until browned and crumbly; drain.  Combine sausage mixture, pasta, spaghetti sauce, alfredo and 1 cup cheese.  Spoon into 13x9 inch baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly.

Enjoy.

No comments: