Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Roasted Cauliflower

I love roasted vegetables if they are made right. I like them crispy not mushy...This recipe was super tasty and not what you normally think of when you think of roasted vegetables... or not what I think of. I am pretty boring when I cook. I have really been trying to step it up and get some new and creative ideas. I love this recipe because it adds a new kick to cauliflower.  My boys ATE IT UP! I served it with Spiced Rubbed Chicken and everyone was really happy with the final product.

Roasted Cauliflower

1 head cauliflower, rinsed and chopped into florets
olive oil
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 t pepper
1/2 t chili powder
1 T balsamic vinegar

Place Cauliflower on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic salt, pepper and chili powder. Toss until seasonings are well distributed.  Bake at 450 for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven; top with balsamic vinegar...toss well.

Yum!

Enjoy!!

No comments: