Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Friday, July 20, 2012

Greek Pasta Salad

This is definitely a great recipe and a really good way of using leftover veggies. It's heaped full of pasta goodness, veggies and OF COURSE Feta Cheese. I love Feta Cheese.

Traditionally, there are olives in this recipe, but I do not like olives, my husband does... So I left them out. I was thinking of putting a little bowl on the side for him with some chopped olives? If you love olives, add a 2.25 ounce can into the recipe. I would probably drain it first.  I had the leftovers after it was in the fridge for a while chilling and it was tasty, although the pasta had soaked in the dressing... so you may want to add more dressing the next day.

Greek Pasta Salad

16 ounce rotini pasta (I use garden blend and it's so pretty to look at)
2.25 can of olives, drained (optional)
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup diced red onion (I actually kept some on the side and put more on my salad. I love red onions)
1 cucumber, peeled and diced
1-2, 1.5lb pkgs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
Greek seasoning (sprinkled on the chicken)
Greek dressing
2 ounce crumbled feta cheese

Cook pasta according to the package instructions, drain.  Cube chicken and season with Greek seasoning liberally. Cook in pan on medium high heat until done.  Add all ingredients to a very large bowl. Stir to mix well. Cover with as much greek dressing as you like and top with feta cheese.

No comments: