Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Friday, July 20, 2012

New uses for old things

I love to find interesting ways to reuse stuff I was going to throw away.  Here is a running list of ideas for turning "trash" into treasures that you can use around your house. If you have any ideas for reusing stuff around your house, let me know and I will add it to this list!

1.  Paper Towel or toilet paper tubes as a hair tie holder.  I thought it would be cute to paint the tube or wrap it in scrapbook paper... Secure all your hair ties to the tube...barrettes or bobby pins can fit nicely on the top.

2. New shine to old shoes:  add a dab of veggie oil to a rag and rub gently on patent leather shoes. It gives a beautiful shine and makes them look brand new.

3. Tiny travel sewing kit:  Get a match box...tuck a few essentials into it and hide it away in your overnight bag for emergencies. This would also fit securely in your purse or glove box.

4.  Kleenex box for a plastic bag holder.  Shove all your bags you get at the grocery store for an easy grab when you need them.

5. Rubber bands used to hold tank tops or strappy dresses on hangers. If you don't have those hangers that have the holes specifically for tank tops, why not tie some rubber bands at the end of the hanger. These keeps your tanks nice and secure without falling off.

6. Contact lens container for a pill container when traveling.  Empty contact lens cases work perfect for a pill container. If fits easily in a purse, pocket or carry on.

7.  Use a clear elastic band to keep flowers nice and tidy in a vase. Secure a band around the bottom of the flowers and let them fall naturally


No comments: