Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Monday, November 12, 2012

White Chocolate raspberry cupcakes

I recently made these to take to dinner at a friend's house. I (and everyone else) was pleasantly surprised on how they turned out. I am not a baker, so mine definitely did not look like the picture, but they were very good and super easy with just a few ingredients. They don't have icing, which I liked and frankly, they don't need it. They are decadent and worth a try!

White Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes

MAKES 6 (I doubled my recipe, but this recipe below only makes 6)

1/2 cup white chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup self-rising flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries (I used frozen and did not defrost them)
confectioners sugar for dusting

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 6 cup muffin tin by greasing or adding liners.

In a small saucepan over LOW heat, melt half the white chocolate chips with the butter, stirring gently until smooth, set aside to cool.

In a mixing bowl, sift the flour. Stir in the sugar and remaining white chocolate chips. In a small bowl combine the egg, milk and melted butter and chocolate mixture.  Add all at once to the flour mixture together with the raspberries. Stir until just moistened. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared cups.

Bake until the tops spring back when lightly tapped, 20-25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 5 minutes, then turn out.  Dust with confectioners sugar.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As Shakespeare once noted "All the worlds a stage" You seem to have captured your "part" with the zest and exuberance that's needed. The motley "cast and crew" you have assembled will undoubtedly add years of enjoyment for all to enjoy and with your knack for the vernacular I look forward to the many chapters ahead....Love to you all, Dad