Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Playdough!

You can go out and buy expensive playdough in the containers or you can mix up a batch right in your own kitchen with stuff you already have in your pantry, I guarantee it!  This is the best recipe I have found so far for playdough, and I have tried alot!  And with helpful little hands that can actually help you make it, it's a breeze and fun to make!

1 cup flour
1 cup water
1/4 cup salt
1 Tbsp veggie oil
2 tsp cream of tartar
food coloring
saucepan
cookie sheet (for cooling your dough)

Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and mix well. Stir in the ingrdients on medium heat for about 5 minutes.  When the mixture forms into ball, it's time to remove it from the heat.  Turn the ball of goop out onto your cookie sheet and let it cool.  When the mixture is cool enough to handle, flatten it out a bit and place desired amount of food coloring in it. Fold up the sides and start kneeding it until it's the color you want.

You have to store it in an air tight container. I put mine in a plastic bag, flattened it out, sealed up the bag and stored it in a glass container.

Enjoy!


No comments: