Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Austin's first day of PreSchool

It's a day I have been uncertain of for months...after a long hard look at things, we decided it was time for Austin to start PreK.  He is going to Clear Branch Methodist Church 3 days a week for 5 hours a day.  As if handing in tear stained registration papers a few months ago and bawling at the welcome letter that came in the mail from Mrs Dana (austin's teacher), the constant "I'm NOT going to preschool" I got from Austin had my mind in a whirlwind. I knew he would love it once he gave it a chance.

We met Mrs Dana last week and he was very shy and quiet. She had cookies to decorate and some magnetics and playdough for the kids to play with and get used to things. He spent most of his time decorating two cookies and eating them and then playing with the magnetics in the room with a few other boys.   At the end, when we were walking out (after grabbing a cookie for Lucas), he turned to his teacher and said "Mrs Dana! I'm not scared anymore! see you tomorrow".

It was a short battle this morning to convince him to go. I showed him his new back pack and special lunch I packed him complete with a juice box...and as a special surprise, a Lego napkin from his birthday party in June. I was ready and prepared for a battle at the car line.  He was steadily looking for Mrs Dana and when he saw her, his face lit up and he was all aglow. When he reached the front of the car line, I was sure we were about to have WWIII on our hands. The woman came to the car, unbuckled him and he jumped out, grabbed his bag and said "Bye Momma!" like such a big boy.  My heart lept with joy and then sank to the bottom of my stomach. My sweet "baby" is growing up. He is getting so big and there he goes, right through the door... to a new world for him (and me).

Lucas was a little upset by the thought of some strange woman coming and snatching "bubbah" out of his seat and taking him into a strange new building. He kept asking "where bubbah going momma? Where he going??" He was not a happy camper on the way home. His little face drooped and he sat there and kept asking me over and over where his bubbah was going. Pitiful is not the right word... pathetic is.

I took Lucas to the Moody Library story time. They read a story about Llama Llama learning to share, drank lemonade and cookies (thanks ladies) and then painted with a paint brush a special picture. We then went inside and checked out a bunch of new books for us to read tonight.  When we got home, we read every single one of the books, played Hi Ho cherry-o, ate lunch and mommy cleaned up while Lucas watched Team Umizoomi for a few minutes.

Before we knew it, it was time to go pick up Austin. We sat in the car line and when it was our turn, I saw Austin coming out of school beaming from ear to ear. That sweet look he has melts my heart. The very first thing he did when he got in the car was say "LUKIE!!! I missed you" and gave Lucas a hug. He  had an awesome day! I asked him how Mrs Dana was and he couldn't tell me enough about her. She was great and nice and funny... "the best day ever". He got to pick a prize from the treasure chest for being a good boy all day.  He read books, colored me a picture, played outside and even talked about Carver and Nathan, his new little friends.

I am thrilled that he was so happy when I picked him up. He was even more happy when I told him he gets to go again Thursday. He even gave me a high five when he found out.

My son is about to blossom in a way I can't even fathom. He needs this more than I do. Lucas needs this more than I do. I cant wait to be able to spend some special time alone with Lucas while Austin grows and matures into a little BOY.

Preschool is going to be a major blessing for Austin (and me) and I can't wait to see what this year has in store for all of us.

No comments: