Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Goodbye Old Friend, you have been good to me

It has been a long time coming, but today I say goodbye to a dear friend of mine. I am sure we will meet again sometime, but for now, for the sake of my image, I am saying goodbye to my long time friend, yoga pants. I said it. Goodbye to my yoga pants. I have been wearing yoga pants, tennis shoes and jeans for three years now.  My husband brought it to my attention a few weeks ago that I do not dress up anymore. He's right. Since being a stay at home mom, I have let myself go. I haven't blown up to massive proportions, but I have just stopped caring about my appearance. I used to take the time to do my makeup and hair. I used to care what I looked like when I would go out of the house, even to the grocery store.  It's just easier now to throw on a pair of jeans, a pony tail holder and tennis shoes and out the door I go.  When I take the time to think about it, I FELT better when I was taking a minute to care about what I looked like. So today, on this rainy gloomy day, I retire my comfy clothes for a little bit of "old me".  I went to the thrift store (one of my favorite places) this weekend and it's funny how just buying some nicer clothes made me feel better and want to dress up and not look like such a bum. Yoga pants and tennis shoes are fine for the park or cleaning the house, but I am going to make a point to take them off and don some nicer clothes during the day or to run some errands. This is such a random post, I know.  

No comments: