Search This Blog

Hi! My name is Crystin. I am a "homemaker" in training I suppose. My resume is pretty extensive. I am currently an {okay} cook, a boo boo kisser, a playmate, a jungle gym, bug catcher, butt wiper... I think I'm missing butcher, {I'm not a} baker, and candle stick maker. We will put a pin in that. I am a stay at home mom to two boys and a wife to a pretty awesome husband who thinks I'm pretty awesome too. I love learning new things, tricks, tips, recipes, cleaning technique. I really love being a Home Maker and I am always still learning. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes but I always try to be honest. Motherhood is hard and I am doing the best I can with what I have. A mother's life is dirty, messy, fun, silly, pretty gross sometimes...it's exhausting, enjoyable and all in all, a darn good time.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Natural Odor Remover for the House

Sometimes odors in the house are so hard to remove and air fresheners just cover them up. Today, after the hubby loaded and ran the dishwasher, I went to open it after the cycle ran. There was a horrible horrible odor coming from it. Apparently, a piece of food or something got on the heating coil and burned. We removed the food, but the odor hung around the house for a while.

Here's a little concoction to get tough odors out of the house without just covering them up:

2 parts water
1 part straight vinegar
Boil on the stove for 30 minutes (or until you can't smell the odor you were trying to cover up)
There will be a strong vinegar smell for a few minutes, but it will go away.

If the odor isn't gone the first time, boil the vinegar a while longer.

No comments: